- The definition of cohesion is being stuck to someone or something or sticking together.
Green party activists gathering for a rally are an example of cohesion.
cohesion definition by Webster's New World
- the act or condition of cohering; tendency to stick together
- Bot. the union of like flower parts
- Physics the force by which the molecules of a substance are held together
Origin: French ; from Classical Latin cohaesus, past participle of cohaerere: see cohere
cohesion definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act, process, or condition of cohering: exhibited strong cohesion in the family unit.
- Physics The intermolecular attraction by which the elements of a body are held together.
- Botany The congenital union of parts of the same kind, such as a calyx of five united sepals.
Origin: From Latin cohaesus, past participle of cohaerēre, to cling together; see cohere.
- co·heˈsive adjective
- co·heˈsive·ly adverb
- co·heˈsive·ness noun
cohesion - Cultural Definition
cohesion - Medical Definition
cohesion - Science Definition