- An appendage is defined as an extra part that is attached to something.
An example of an appendage is a leaf added to a dining table for extension.
- The definition of an appendage, in relation to the body of a human or animal, is any part protruding from the torso or trunk.
An example of an appendage is an arm or leg.
- anything appended; adjunct
- any subordinate or external organ or part of a plant or animal, as a branch, tail, or limb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Something added or attached to an entity of greater importance or size; an adjunct.
- Biology A part or organ, such as an arm, leg, tail, or fin, that is joined to the axis or trunk of a body.
appendage - Medical Definition