- An appendage is defined as an extra part that is attached to something.
An example of an appendage is a leaf added to a dining table for extension.
- The definition of an appendage, in relation to the body of a human or animal, is any part protruding from the torso or trunk.
An example of an appendage is an arm or leg.
appendage definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- anything appended; adjunct
- any subordinate or external organ or part of a plant or animal, as a branch, tail, or limb
appendage definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Something added or attached to an entity of greater importance or size; an adjunct.
- Biology A part or organ, such as an arm, leg, tail, or fin, that is joined to the axis or trunk of a body.
appendage - Medical Definition
A part or organ attached to a main structure and subordinate in function or size.