- a broad, flat part or limb adapted for swimming, as in seals or whales
- ☆ a large, flat, paddlelike rubber device worn on each foot by a swimmer or skin diver to increase the force of the kick
See flipper in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A wide flat limb, as of a seal, whale, or other aquatic mammal, adapted for swimming.
- A rubber covering for the foot having a flat flexible portion that widens as it extends forward from the toes, used in swimming and diving. Also called fin1.
- A flat lever in a pinball machine, used to hit the ball so it stays in play.
Learn more about flipper