- The definition of a feeler is when you tentatively make a proposal or bring up an idea just to see what other people think and if they are receptive to it.
An example of feeler is when you tentatively raise the idea of maybe moving, just to get an idea of your spouse's opinion.
- a person or thing that feels
- a specialized sensory organ that projects typically from the head of an animal, esp. an insect
- a remark, question, offer, etc. made to feel out another
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Something, such as a hint or question, designed to elicit the attitudes or intentions of others.
- Zoology A sensory or tactile organ, such as an antenna, tentacle, or barbel.
feeler - Phrases/Idioms
feeler - Science Definition
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.