An example of feeler is when you tentatively raise the idea of maybe moving, just to get an idea of your spouse's opinion.
- a person or thing that feels
- a specialized sensory organ that projects typically from the head of an animal, esp. an insect
- Informal a remark, question, offer, etc. made to feel out another: usually used in pl.
- Something, such as a hint or question, designed to elicit the attitudes or intentions of others.
- Zoology A sensory or tactile organ, such as an antenna, tentacle, or barbel.
- put out feelers