- that makes dear or well liked
- expressing affection: endearing tones
An endearing moment between a girl and her dog.
The definition of endearing is someone or something that is adorable and that inspires love and affection.
A smile that makes everyone fall in love is an example of an endearing smile.
Inspiring affection or warm sympathy: the endearing charm of a little child.
(comparative more endearing, superlative most endearing)
- Inspiring love or affection, in a childlike way.
- Present participle of endear.
- The love song has been the most enduring and endearing pop music art form.
- If you would like to be endearing to a woman, make sure to act like a gentleman.
- The little child's elocution of the language was both confusing and endearing.
- The endearing personality that Derek had attracted many to him.
- Allison took her daughters to the pet store, and the cute puppies were too endearing for her to resist adopting one.