- The definition of affectionate is having warm regard, feelings or love for someone or something.
A newlywed couple giving each other kisses and hugs during their first dance is an example of people being affectionate.
affectionate definition by Webster's New World
- full of affection; tender and loving
- Obsolete mentally disposed; inclined
Origin: altered after -ate ; from French affectionné
- affectionately adverb
affectionate definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Having or showing fond feelings or affection; loving and tender.
- Obsolete Inclined or disposed.
- af·fecˈtion·ate·ly adverb
- af·fecˈtion·ate·ness noun