The definition of affectionate is having warm regard, feelings or love for someone or something.adjective
A newlywed couple giving each other kisses and hugs during their first dance is an example of people being affectionate.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- full of affection; tender and loving
- Obsolete mentally disposed; inclined
Origin: altered after -ate < Fr affectionné
- affectionately adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Having or showing fond feelings or affection; loving and tender.
- Obsolete Inclined or disposed.
- af·fecˈtion·ate·ly adverb
- af·fecˈtion·ate·ness noun