The definition of amorous is someone or something indicating affection or desire, especially of a sexual nature.adjective
A passionate embrace is an example of an amorous embrace.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- full of love or fond of making love
- in love; enamored or fond (of)
- full of or showing love or sexual desire: amorous words
- of sexual love or lovemaking
Origin: ME < OFr amoureus < LL amorosus, loving < L amor, love < amare, to love
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Strongly attracted or disposed to love, especially sexual love.
- Indicative of love or sexual desire: an amorous glance.
- Of or associated with love: an amorous poem.
- Being in love; enamored: He had been amorous of her since the day they met.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French amoureus, from Medieval Latin amōrōsus, from Latin amor, love, from amāre, to love.
- amˈor·ous·ly adverb
- amˈor·ous·ness noun