- The definition of amorous is someone or something indicating affection or desire, especially of a sexual nature.
A passionate embrace is an example of an amorous embrace.
An amorous couple.
amorous definition by Webster's New World
- full of love or fond of making love
- in love; enamored or fond (of)
- full of or showing love or sexual desire: amorous words
- of sexual love or lovemaking
Origin: Middle English ; from Old French amoureus ; from Late Latin amorosus, loving ; from Classical Latin amor, love ; from amare, to love
amorous definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Strongly attracted or disposed to love, especially sexual love.
- Indicative of love or sexual desire: an amorous glance.
- Of or associated with love: an amorous poem.
- Being in love; enamored: He had been amorous of her since the day they met.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French amoureus, from Medieval Latin amōrōsus, from Latin amor, love, from amāre, to love.
- amˈor·ous·ly adverb
- amˈor·ous·ness noun