An example of salacious reading material is a porn magazine.
- Archaic lecherous; lustful
- characterized by an excessive or improper emphasis on sexual matters: a salacious bit of gossip
Origin of salaciousClassical Latin salax (gen. salacis) from salire, to leap, (of animals) cover sexually: see salient
- Appealing to or stimulating sexual desire: salacious reading material.
- Characterized by or indicating sexual desire; lustful: a salacious wink.
Origin of salaciousFrom Latin salāx salāc- fond of leaping, lustful from salīre to leap ; see sel- in Indo-European roots.
- sa·la′cious·ness sa·lac′i·ty
(comparative more salacious, superlative most salacious)
From Latin salÄx (“provocative, lustful"), from saliÅ (“leap, jump; copulate").