- The definition of lascivious is someone who expresses lust or lewdness.
An example of something that would be described as lascivious is the leering look that a creepy old man gives young girls at a bar.
lascivious definition by Webster's New World
- characterized by or expressing lust or lewdness; wanton
- tending to excite lustful desires
Origin: Middle English lascyuyous ; from Midieval Latin lasciviosus ; from Late Latin ; from Classical Latin lascivia, wantonness ; from lascivus: see lust
lascivious definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Given to or expressing lust; lecherous.
- Exciting sexual desires; salacious.
Origin: Middle English, from Late Latin lascīviōsus, from Latin lascīvia, lewdness, playfulness, from lascīvus, lustful, playful; see las- in Indo-European roots.
- las·civˈi·ous·ly adverb
- las·civˈi·ous·ness noun