lascivious[lə siv′ē əs]
- The definition of lascivious is someone who expresses lust or lewdness.
An example of something that would be described as lascivious is the leering look that a creepy old man gives young girls at a bar.
- characterized by or expressing lust or lewdness; wanton
- tending to excite lustful desires
Origin of lasciviousMiddle English lascyuyous ; from Medieval Latin lasciviosus ; from Late Latin ; from Classical Latin lascivia, wantonness ; from lascivus: see lust
- Given to or expressing lust; lecherous.
- Exciting sexual desires; salacious.
Origin of lasciviousMiddle English, from Late Latin lascīviōsus, from Latin lascīvia, lewdness, playfulness, from lascīvus, lustful, playful; see las- in Indo-European roots.
(comparative more lascivious, superlative most lascivious)
From Latin lascīviōsus, from lascīvia (“sportiveness, lustfulness”).