- The definition of indecent is something that is inappropriate, obscene or not in accordance with accepted moral standards.
Pornographic movies are an example of movies that would be described as indecent.
not decent; specif.,
- not proper and fitting; unseemly; improper
- morally offensive; obscene
Origin of indecent; from French or L: French indécent ; from Classical Latin indecens
- Offensive to accepted standards of decency or modesty; lewd or vulgar: found the movie to be indecent.
- Not appropriate or becoming; unseemly: bought up distressed properties with indecent enthusiasm. See Synonyms at unseemly.
indecent - Legal Definition
Of speech, that it is crude and offensive, typically in a sexual manner.