- A vulgar person who continually makes dirty jokes about sex is an example of someone who would be described as raunchy.
- A dirty bathroom in a gas station is often an example of something that would be described as raunchy.
- of poor quality, appearance, etc.; dirty, cheap, sloppy, etc.
- frankly and crudely sexual in content or tone; earthy, risqué, etc.
Origin of raunchy; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps
adjectiveraun·chi·er, raun·chi·est Slang
- Obscene, lewd, or vulgar: a raunchy joke.
- Grimy; unkempt: a raunchy closet full of dirty socks.
- Uninhibited. Used of sex.
Origin of raunchyOrigin unknown.