- A vulgar person who continually makes dirty jokes about sex is an example of someone who would be described as raunchy.
- A dirty bathroom in a gas station is often an example of something that would be described as raunchy.
The definition of raunchy is someone or something that is vulgar and often sexually explicit, or something of poor quality or appearance.
- of poor quality, appearance, etc.; dirty, cheap, sloppy, etc.
- frankly and crudely sexual in content or tone; earthy, risqué, etc.
Origin of raunchy; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps
adjectiveraun·chi·er, raun·chi·est Slang
- Obscene, lewd, or vulgar: a raunchy joke.
- Grimy; unkempt: a raunchy closet full of dirty socks.
- Uninhibited. Used of sex.
Origin of raunchyOrigin unknown.