- The definition of raunchy is someone or something that is vulgar and often sexually explicit, or something of poor quality or appearance.
- A vulgar person who continually makes dirty jokes about sex is an example of someone who would be described as raunchy.
- A dirty bathroom in a gas station is often an example of something that would be described as raunchy.
- raunchiness noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
adjective raun·chi·er, raun·chi·est Slang
- a. Obscene, lewd, or vulgar: “[He] uses language so aggressively raunchy that he seems to be insisting his choice of vocabulary, at least, is no sin” (Wall Street Journal).b. Sexually explicit.c. Exhibiting lust.
- Grimy; unkempt: a raunchy closet full of dirty socks.
Origin: Origin unknown.
- raunˈchi·ly adverb
- raunˈchi·ness noun