- The definition of filthy is something that has risen to an extreme.
A person who has billions of dollars is an example of someone who would be described as filthy rich.
- Filthy is defined as something or someone very dirty or obscene or corrupt.
- A child who has been playing in the mud all day is an example of someone who would be described as filthy.
- An obscene pornographic movie is an example of something that would be described as filthy.
- Someone who is a thief who stole your stuff is an example of a filthy thief.
- full of filth; disgustingly foul
- grossly obscene
- morally vicious or corrupt
Origin of filthyMiddle English filthi
Informal to an inordinate extent; extremely: filthy rich
- Covered or smeared with filth; disgustingly dirty. See Synonyms at dirty.
- Obscene or offensive: a filthy magazine; filthy language.
- Vile; nasty: a filthy traitor.
(comparative filthier, superlative filthiest)
filth + -y