- Filth is defined as anything considered extremely dirty, obscene or disgusting.
- An example of filth is a room filled with cat feces.
- An example of filth is what some people call pornography.
filth definition by Webster's New World
- disgustingly offensive dirt, garbage, etc.
- anything considered as foul as this; esp., anything viewed as grossly indecent or obscene
- gross moral corruption
Origin: Middle English ; from Old English fylthe ; from base of ful (see foul) plush -th
filth definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. Foul or dirty matter.b. Disgusting garbage or refuse.
- A dirty or corrupt condition; foulness.
- Something, such as language or printed matter, considered obscene, prurient, or immoral.
Origin: Middle English, from Old English fȳlth; see pū̆- in Indo-European roots.