- The definition of crap is a slang and vulgar term for feces, nonsense or filth.
- An example of crap is a finding in the litter box.
- An example of crap is garbage strewn all over the floor.
- Crap is defined as a vulgar term for defecating.
An example of crap is to use the bathroom.
- craps (sense )
- a losing first throw at craps
Origin of crapsee craps
- to lose at craps by throwing a two, three, or twelve on the first throw or a seven after one's point has been established
- Slang to fail, withdraw, give up, etc. because of exhaustion, cowardice, etc.
- excrement: somewhat vulgar
- ⌂ nonsense, falseness, insincerity, etc.
- ⌂ something useless, inferior, or worthless; trash; junk
Origin of crapME, chaff, siftings ; from Old French crape, scale, ordure or Medieval Latin crappa, chaff, probably ; from Germanic an unverified form krappa, a hook, scale
- An act of defecating.
- Foolish, deceitful, or boastful language.
- Cheap or shoddy material.
- Miscellaneous or disorganized items; clutter.
- Insolent talk or behavior.
intransitive verbcrapped crapped, crap·ping, craps
Origin of crapMiddle English crappe, chaff, from Old French crappe, from Medieval Latin crappa, perhaps of Germanic origin.
- See craps.
- A losing first throw in the game of craps.
verbcrapped crapped, crap·ping, craps
Origin of crapBack-formation from craps.
(usually uncountable, plural craps)
- (slang) Something of poor quality.
- The long-running game show went from offering good prizes to crap in no time.
- (slang, vulgar) Something that is rubbish; nonsense.
- The college student boasted of completing a 10,000-word essay on Shakespeare, but the professor judged it as utter crap.
- (slang, vulgar) Faeces or feces.
- (slang, vulgar, countable) An act of defecation.
- I have to take a crap
- (slang) Useless object or entity.
- What is that? It's just a bunch of crap
(third-person singular simple present craps, present participle crapping, simple past and past participle crapped)
- (vulgar, slang) To defecate.
(comparative crapper, superlative crappest)
- (chiefly UK, colloquial, somewhat vulgar) Of poor quality.
- I drove an old crap car for ten years before buying a new one.
- (slang) Expression of worry, fear, shock, surprise, disgust, annoyance or dismay.
- Oh crap! The other driver's going to hit my car!
- Crap! I lost the game.
- What the crap?!
- Aw, crap, I have to start over again from the beginning of the level.
From Middle English crappe, also in plural: crappen, crappys, craps (“chaff; buckwheat”), from Old French crappe, crapin ("chaff"; compare Medieval Latin crappa (plural), also crapinum), from Old Dutch krappen (“to cut off, pluck off”). Related to crop.
- (gambling) A losing throw of 2, 3 or 12 in craps.
From "crab's eyes"
- (Canada, politics) Conservative-Reform Alliance Party or Reform-Conservative Alliance Party or Canadian Alliance