- The definition of crap is a slang and vulgar term for feces, nonsense or filth.
- An example of crap is a finding in the litter box.
- An example of crap is garbage strewn all over the floor.
- Crap is defined as a vulgar term for defecating.
An example of crap is to use the bathroom.
crap definition by Webster's New World
- craps (sense )
- a losing first throw at craps
Origin: see craps
- excrement: somewhat vulgar
- ☆ nonsense, falseness, insincerity, etc.
- ☆ something useless, inferior, or worthless; trash; junk
Origin: Middle English chaff, siftings ; from Old French crape, scale, ordure or Midieval Latin crappa, chaff, probably ; from Germanic an unverified form krappa, a hook, scale
crap definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- An act of defecating.
- Foolish, deceitful, or boastful language.
- Cheap or shoddy material.
- Miscellaneous or disorganized items; clutter.
- Insolent talk or behavior.
Origin: Middle English crappe, chaff, from Old French crappe, from Medieval Latin crappa, perhaps of Germanic origin.
- See craps.
- A losing first throw in the game of craps.
Origin: Back-formation from craps.
crap - Phrases/Idioms
- to lose at craps by throwing a two, three, or twelve on the first throw or a seven after one's point has been established
- Slang to fail, withdraw, give up, etc. because of exhaustion, cowardice, etc.