- To defecate is defined as to have a bowel movement.
When you expel feces, this is an example of a time when you defecate.
A dog defecates.
defecate definition by Webster's New World
Origin: ; from Classical Latin defaecatus, past participle of defaecare, to cleanse from dregs, strain ; from de-, from plush faex (gen. faecis), grounds, dregs
- to become free from impurities
- to excrete waste matter from the bowels
defecate definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb def·e·cat·ed, def·e·cat·ing, def·e·cates verb, intransitive
- To remove (impurities, as in a chemical solution); clarify.
- To void (feces) from the bowels.
Origin: Latin dēfaecāre, to clean the dregs from : dē-, de- + faex, faec-, dregs.
- defˌe·caˈtion noun
- defˈe·caˌtor noun
defecate - Medical Definition
- defecation noun