- Excrement is defined as poop or feces.
Dog poop is an example of excrement.
Dog poop is excrement.
Origin of excrementFrench excrément ; from Classical Latin excrementum, that which is sifted out, refuse ; from excretus: see excrete
Origin of excrementLatin excrēmentum, from excernere, excrē-, to excrete; see excrete.
- ex′cre·men′tal , ex′cre·men·ti′tious
- (archaic) Any waste matter excreted from the human or animal body, or discharged by bodily organs.
- (now specifically) Animal solid waste excreted from the bowels; feces.
From Latin excrēmentum, from excernere (“to excrete”).
- (obsolete) Something which grows out of the body; hair, nails etc.
From Latin excrēmentum, from excrēscere (“to grow out”).