excretion[eks krē′s̸hən, iks-]
- Excretion is defined as the process of expelling waste matter, or the waste matter expelled by this process.
- When a person goes to the bathroom to urinate, this is an example of excretion.
- Urine is an example ofexcretion.
- the act or process of excreting
- waste matter excreted; sweat, urine, etc.
Origin of excretionVulgar Latin excretio
- The act or process of discharging waste matter from the blood, tissues, or organs.
- The matter, such as urine or sweat, that is so excreted.
- The process of removing or ejecting material that has no further utility, especially from the body; the act of excreting.
- Something being excreted in that manner.