A bird perched on guano covered rocks.
- manure of seabirds, found especially on islands off the coast of Peru
- any natural or artificial fertilizer resembling this, as bat manure
Origin of guanoSpanish ; from Quechua huanu, dung
- A substance composed chiefly of the dung of seabirds or bats, accumulated along certain coastal areas or in caves and used as fertilizer.
- Any of various similar substances, such as a fertilizer prepared from ground fish parts.
Origin of guanoSpanish, from Quechua huanu, dung.
- Dung from a sea bird or from a bat.