- The definition of a poop is the stern section or raised deck at the stern of a ship or boat.
An example of poop is the top level deck on a ship.
- Poop is waste matter after a bowel movement or feces.
An example of poop is what dog owners have to pick up in bags while walking their dog in the park.
- Poop is slang that is defined as to exhaust.
An example of poop is when someone make an employee work a fifteen hour work day.
- Poop is defined as to have a bowel movement.
An example of poop is going "number two."
poop definition by Webster's New World
- the stern section of a ship
- on sailing ships, a raised deck at the sternalso poop deck
Origin: Late Middle English pouppe ; from Middle French poupe ; from ProvenÃ§al popa or Italian poppa ; from Classical Latin puppis, stern of a ship
Origin: via dialect, dialectal ; from Middle English puopen, to make an abrupt sound, blow, gulp: origin, originally echoic
- excrement; feces
- the pertinent facts, esp. current inside information
Origin: probably ; from vulgar poop, to break wind, defecate, feces (; from Middle English puopen: see poop)
poop definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- An enclosed superstructure at the stern of a ship.
- A poop deck.
- To break over the stern of (a ship).
- To take (a wave) over the stern.
Origin: Middle English poupe, from Old French, from Latin puppis.
transitive verb pooped, poop·ing, poops Slang
Origin: Origin unknown.
Origin: Origin unknown .
Origin: Perhaps short for nincompoop.
Origin: Possibly from obsolete poop, to break wind, from Middle English poupen, to blow a horn, toot, of imitative origin.
poop - Phrases/Idioms
poop outâ Slang
- to become exhausted
- to cease functioning