- The definition of dope is a slang term for something very good.
An example of dope is getting a $500 dollar bonus at work.
- Dope is defined as a drug, a stupid person, a thick liquid lubricant or sealer, or personal information.
- An example of dope is marijuana.
- An example of a dope is a person who will fall for anything.
- An example of dope is the sealant used for making pipe threading air tight.
- An example of dope is gossip.
- Dope means to supply or serve with drugs.
An example of dope is a nurse giving a patient a shot of sedatives and pain killers before surgery.
Marijuane is called dope.
dope definition by Webster's New World
- any thick liquid or pasty substance, or other material, used to lubricate or absorb something
- a dressing, varnish, or filler, as for protecting the cloth covering of airplane wings, surfaces, etc.
- any additive, as a food preservative
- a drug used to stimulate or hinder a racehorse's performance
- Informal any drug or narcotic, or such drugs collectively
- Informal a slow-witted, stupid, or lethargic person
- advance information on a racehorse's condition
- any information, esp. as used for prediction
- Slang a carbonated drink, usually cola
- Photog. a developer
Origin: Dutch doop, sauce, dip, baptism ; from doopen, to dip ; from Germanic an unverified form dup-, to be deep: see dimple
dope definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Informal a. A narcotic, especially an addictive narcotic.b. Narcotics considered as a group.c. An illicit drug, especially marijuana.
- A narcotic preparation used to stimulate a racehorse.
- Informal A stupid person; a dolt.
- Informal Factual information, especially of a private nature.
- Chemistry An absorbent or adsorbent material used in certain manufacturing processes, such as the nitroglycerin used in making dynamite.
- A type of lacquer formerly used to protect, waterproof, and tauten the cloth surfaces of airplane wings.
- Chiefly Southern U.S. See cola1.
- Lower Northern U.S. Syrup or sweet sauce that is poured on ice cream.
- Informal a. To administer a narcotic to: was doped up for the operation.b. To add a narcotic to: They doped his drink before robbing him.c. To administer a performance-enhancing substance to (an athlete).d. To subject (an athlete) to blood doping.
- Informal To figure out (a puzzle, for example).
- Informal To make a rough plan of: doped out our proposal on scratch paper.
- Electronics To treat (a semiconductor) with a dopant.
- To take narcotics or a performance-enhancing substance.
- To engage in blood doping.
Origin: Dutch doop, sauce, from doopen, to dip.
- dopˈer noun
dope - Medical Definition
- A narcotic, especially an addictive narcotic.
- An illicit drug, especially marijuana.
dope - Phrases/Idioms