The use of a drug, such as a steroid or a blood product, such as erythropoietin, to improve athletic performance.
- Present participle of dope.
doping - Computer Definition
Variant of dope
- any thick liquid or pasty substance, or other material, used to lubricate or absorb something
- a dressing, varnish, or filler, as for protecting the cloth covering of airplane wings, surfaces, etc.
- any additive, as a food preservative
- a drug used to stimulate or hinder a racehorse's performance
- Informal any drug or narcotic, or such drugs collectively
- Informal a slow-witted, stupid, or lethargic person
- advance information on a racehorse's condition
- any information, esp. as used for prediction
- Slang a carbonated drink, usually cola
- Photog. a developer
Origin of dopeDutch doop, sauce, dip, baptism ; from doopen, to dip ; from Germanic an unverified form dup-, to be deep: see dimple
Slang to figure out or work out; solve