- any substance used as a medicine or as an ingredient in a medicine which kills or inactivates germs, or affects any body function or organ
- Obsolete any substance used in chemistry, dyeing, etc.
- a narcotic, hallucinogen, etc., esp. one that is habit-forming
ME drogge < OFr drogue < ? LowG drooge (fat), dry (cask), the adj. mistaken as the name of the contents: see dry
transitive verb drugged, drugging
- to put a harmful drug in (a food, drink, etc.)
- to administer a drug to
- to stupefy with or as with a drug