- a woolen or part-woolen material formerly used for clothing
- a coarse fabric used as a floor covering, carpet lining, etc.
- a coarse rug from India made of jute or cotton and hair
Origin of druggetFrench droguet, diminutive of drogue, stuff, trash ; from OFr: see drug
- a. A heavy felted fabric usually of wool or wool and cotton, used as a floor covering.b. A coarse rug of this fabric.
- A fabric woven wholly or partly of wool, formerly used for clothing.
Origin of druggetFrench droguet, probably from drogue, drug, worthless object; see drug.