- The definition of lousy is something poorly done, disgusting or gross.
- A project that is half done and not done very well is an example of a project on which a lousy job was done.
- Bad weather is an example of lousy weather.
- Infested with lice.
- Extremely contemptible; nasty: a lousy trick.
- Sick or unwell: I feel really lousy.
- Inferior or worthless: a lousy play.
- Slang Abundantly supplied: lousy with money.
(comparative lousier, superlative lousiest)
Prior to World War II, it was an offensive insult, implying filthiness. Now considered a mild or rather dated term.