- A project that is half done and not done very well is an example of a project on which a lousy job was done.
- Bad weather is an example of lousy weather.
The definition of lousy is something poorly done, disgusting or gross.
- infested with lice
- covered with specks: said of silk
- Informal dirty, disgusting, or contemptible
- Informal poor; inferior: a generalized epithet of disapproval
- Slang well supplied or oversupplied (with)
- Inferior or worthless: a lousy play.
- Extremely contemptible; nasty: a lousy trick.
- Sick or unwell: I feel really lousy.
- Infested with lice.
- Slang Abundantly supplied: lousy with money.
(comparative lousier, superlative lousiest)
Prior to World War II, it was an offensive insult, implying filthiness. Now considered a mild or rather dated term.
From louse +"Ž -y.