The definition of sleazy is shabby, a low morals person or a flimsy texture.
An example of a sleazy person is someone who is constantly drunk and hitting on women.
- flimsy or thin in texture or substance; lacking firmness: a sleazy rayon fabric
- Informal shoddy, shabby, cheap, vulgar, etc.
Origin of sleazyfrom slesia, variant, variety of silesia
- a. Shabby, dirty, and vulgar; tawdry: “sleazy storefronts with torn industrial carpeting and dirt on the walls” ( Seattle Weekly )b. Dishonest or corrupt; disreputable: Some sleazy characters hang around casinos.
- Made of low-quality materials; cheap or shoddy.
- Thin and loosely woven; flimsy: The coat has a sleazy lining.
Origin of sleazyOrigin unknown