Punk is defined as a young, rebellious person, or aggressive rock music that was popular in the 1970's and those who admire that style of music.noun
- A kid who hangs around on the street all day giving attitude and occasionally shoplifting or stealing wallets is an example of a punk.
- A follower of aggressive 1970's rock music who wears his hair in a Mohawk and dyes it blue is an example of a punk.
Origin: prob. var. of spunk
- Obsolete a prostitute
- ☆ Slang
- a male homosexual
- a young hoodlum
- any person, esp. a youngster, regarded as inexperienced, insignificant, presumptuous, etc.
- punk rock
- a style, originating among fans of punk rock, characterized by motley clothes, oddly clipped hair, etc.
Origin: Early ModE slang < ?
- ☆ Slang poor or bad in condition, quality, etc.
- of or having to do with punk rock or the style called punk
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Slang a. A young person, especially a member of a rebellious counterculture group.b. An inexperienced young man.
- Music a. Punk rock.b. A punk rocker.
- a. Slang A young man who is the sexual partner of an older man.b. Archaic A prostitute.
Origin: Origin unknown.
- punkˈer noun
- Dry decayed wood, used as tinder.
- Any of various substances that smolder when ignited, used to light fireworks.
- Chinese incense.
- Of poor quality; worthless.
- Weak in spirits or health.
Origin: Probably of eastern Algonquian origin.