- An example of something tinny is pewter.
- An example of a tinny sound is the high pitched sound of an out of tune string instrument.
- An example of a tinny taste is the taste of canned tuna.
- An example of a tinny material is aluminum foil.
The definition of tinny is something that contains tin, has a slight metallic sound, tastes like metal or is weak.
- of, containing, or yielding tin
- like tin in appearance or strength; bright but cheap; not well-made: tinny jewelry
- of or like the sound made in striking a tin object; specif., having a high-pitched sound lacking in resonance: tinny music
- tasting of tin
- Of, containing, or yielding tin.
- Tasting or smelling of tin: tinny canned food.
- Having a thin metallic sound: a high tinny voice.
- Weak or thin; flimsy.
(comparative tinnier or more tinny, superlative tinniest or most tinny)
- Of or pertaining to or resembling tin.
- The object had a tinny appearance.
- Pertaining to the thinness and cheapness of tin or similar-looking metals, in contrast to a heavier, more valuable metal.
- The shop was filled with tinny tourist geegaws.
- Pertaining to a thin, unpleasant sound recalling that of tin being rapped.
- The piano was not simply out of tune, but had become downright tinny.