- If you are promised a big buffet and there is only a small table full of plain spaghetti, this is an example of a chintzy buffet.
- A boyfriend who purchases a colorful, tacky bracelet of fake stones is an example of someone who would be described as a chintzy person.
The definition of chintzy is something poorly made, or a person who is cheap.
- like chintz
- ⌂ Informal cheap, stingy, mean, petty, etc.
Origin of chintzychintz + -y: from the sleazy quality of some chintz fabrics
- Of, relating to, or decorated with chintz.
- a. Gaudy; trashy: chintzy merchandise.b. Stingy; miserly.
(comparative chintzier, superlative chintziest)
chintz + -y