- When you have a cold, this is an example of when you feel crummy; a crummy cold.
- When you stay in a rat-infested 1-star hotel, this is an example of a crummy hotel.
The definition of crummy is someone feeling ill, or something that is unpleasant, dirty or of poor quality.
adjectivecrum·mi·er, crum·mi·est also crumb·i·er or crumb·i·est Slang
- Miserable or wretched: a crummy situation in the family.
- Shabby or cheap: a crummy little rowboat.
Origin of crummyProbably from crumb.
(comparative crummier, superlative crummiest)
- Nouns to which "crummy" (bad, po) is often applied: job, weather, hotel, thing, town, life, movie, food, world, school, idea, person.
- (informal, British Columbia and U.S. Pacific Northwest) Small van, bus, or railway car used to transport loggers or other resource workers to and from the worksite. A common term when referring to a vehicle with a compartment separate from the cab, housing the silvicultural, logging or mining crew during transport.