- The definition of cheesy is something that smells or feels like cheese, or something that is made with poor quality, or something that is corny or foolish.
- A dish of macaroni and cheese would be described as a cheesy main dish.
- A knife that falls apart when you use it is an example of something that would be described as cheesy.
- A corny, foolish smile is an example of something that would be described as cheesy.
- Containing or resembling cheese.
- Informal a. Of poor quality; shoddy: a movie with cheesy special effects.b. Vulgarly pretentious or sentimental: a cheesy romantic comedy.
Origin of cheesySense 2b, possibly partly from earlier cheesy, showy, from cheese3.
(comparative cheesier, superlative cheesiest)
OriginSee also: cheezie
cheese + -y