- A dish of macaroni and cheese would be described as a cheesy main dish.
- A knife that falls apart when you use it is an example of something that would be described as cheesy.
- A corny, foolish smile is an example of something that would be described as cheesy.
The definition of cheesy is something that smells or feels like cheese, or something that is made with poor quality, or something that is corny or foolish.
- like cheese in consistency, smell, etc.
- ⌂ Slang
- inferior; poor
- tasteless; tacky
- Containing or resembling cheese.
- Informal a. Of poor quality; shoddy: a movie with cheesy special effects.b. Vulgarly pretentious or sentimental: a cheesy romantic comedy.
Origin of cheesySense 2b, possibly partly from earlier cheesy, showy, from cheese3.
(comparative cheesier, superlative cheesiest)
OriginSee also: cheezie
cheese + -y