- A dish of macaroni and cheese would be described as a cheesy main dish.
- A knife that falls apart when you use it is an example of something that would be described as cheesy.
- A corny, foolish smile is an example of something that would be described as cheesy.
- like cheese in consistency, smell, etc.
- ⌂ Slang
- inferior; poor
- tasteless; tacky
- Containing or resembling cheese.
- Informal a. Of poor quality; shoddy: a movie with cheesy special effects.b. Vulgarly pretentious or sentimental: a cheesy romantic comedy.
Origin of cheesySense 2b, possibly partly from earlier cheesy, showy, from cheese3.
(comparative cheesier, superlative cheesiest)
cheese + -y