- The definition of cheesy is something that smells or feels like cheese, or something that is made with poor quality, or something that is corny or foolish.
- A dish of macaroni and cheese would be described as a cheesy main dish.
- A knife that falls apart when you use it is an example of something that would be described as cheesy.
- A corny, foolish smile is an example of something that would be described as cheesy.
cheesy definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- cheesiness noun
cheesy definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective chees·i·er, chees·i·est
- Containing or resembling cheese.
- Informal Of poor quality; shoddy.
Origin: Sense 2, possibly from cheesy, showy, from cheese3.
- cheesˈi·ly adverb
- cheesˈi·ness noun