Origin of cheetahHindi ch?t?, leopard from Sanskrit chitraka, spotted from chitra, spot: see chintz
a swift, long-legged cat (Acinonyx jubatus) of Africa and S Asia, with a small head, nonretractile claws, and a black-spotted coat: it can be trained to hunt
A long-legged, swift-running wild cat (Acinonyx jubatus) of Africa and southwest Asia, having tawny, black-spotted fur and nonretractile claws. The cheetah, the fastest animal on land, can run for short distances at about 96 kilometers (60 miles) per hour.
Origin of cheetahHindi cītā from Sanskrit citrakāyah tiger, leopard citra- variegated kāyah body ; see kwei-2 in Indo-European roots.
- Made from embossed cowhide leather, the delicate multi-tonal chocolate and off white print resembles a giraffe's hide for a look that stands out from the more traditional accessory animal prints like leopard and cheetah.
- Feminine, fashion-forward and simply adorable, the Heart flip flop has a simple half inch heel, printed straps (in either zebra, camouflage or cheetah) and a delicate rhinestone-encrusted heart for a bold touch.
- Try mixing different kinds of animal prints together, such as zebra, leopard and cheetah for a mixture of colors, patterns and textures that's visually exciting, while giving your bathroom an exotic look.
- The fauna includes the lion, leopard, cheetah, elephant, giraffe, rhinoceros, hippopotamus, buffalo, zebra, kudu and many other kinds of antelope, wild pig, ostrich and crocodile.
- Two species of lynx, the cheetah (Felis jubata), F.