Origin of crumpechoic
- the act or sound of crumping
- an exploding shell or bomb
verbcrumped, crump·ing, crumps
- To crush or crunch with the teeth.
- To strike heavily with a crunching sound.
- a. A crunching sound.b. The sound of an exploding shell.
- A heavy blow.
Origin of crumpImitative
(comparative more crump, superlative most crump)
- (UK, Scotland, dialect) Hard or crusty; dry baked
- a crump loaf
(third-person singular simple present crumps, present participle crumping, simple past and past participle crumped)
- (intransitive) To produce such a sound.