The oven looked brand new after she removed the grimy buildup on the inside of the glass door.
An example of something grimy is a shovel that has been lying in mud and filth for weeks; a grimy shovel.
(comparative grimier, superlative grimiest)
- Stained, or covered with grime.
- Cleaning - All watches get a little dirty and grimy over time.
- A dirty, grimy stone will not reflect the light as well as a clean stone and the inner fire will start to fade.
- Weighing in at an hour, TDS was swamped with brutal metal tracks, grimy sleaze-anthems, and even a piano ballad ("Hurt").
- Her head hurt, and she felt grimy from the night sweats.
- The children who crowd these grimy alleys, half-clad and underfed, shrink away from your outstretched hand as if from a blow.