- The definition of a grin is a smile or expression of happiness.
A happy smile on your face is an example of a grin.
- To grin is defined as to smile or make an expression that indicates great happiness.
When you feel very happy and you smile, this is an example of a situation where you grin.
A grinning family.
grin definition by Webster's New World
- to smile broadly as in amusement or pleasure, or, sometimes, in embarrassment
- to draw back the lips and show the teeth in pain, scorn, etc.
Origin: Middle English grennen ; from Old English grennian, to gnash or bare the teeth, akin to Old High German grennan, to mutter, German greinen, to weep
grin definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb grinned grinned, grin·ning, grins verb, intransitive
- The act of grinning.
- The facial expression produced by grinning.
Origin: Middle English grennen, to grimace, from Old English grennian.
- grinˈner noun
- grinˈning·ly adverb
grin - Computer Definition
See graded index fiber.
grin - Phrases/Idioms
grin and bear it