The definition of indebtedness is the state of owing something (usually money) to someone, or the total amount owed.
An example of indebtedness is when you owe the bank $100 and your friend $200.
- the state of being indebted
- the amount owed; all one's debts
- The state of being indebted.
- Something owed to another.
(usually uncountable, plural indebtednesses)
- State of owing money; being in debt.
- The state of owing something or being under obligation to someone.
- The amount owed.
- All debts totalled.
From indebted + -ness.
indebtedness - Legal Definition
- The condition of owing money to another.
- The money owed.