The definition of sexual is a person or thing relating to sex.
An example of sexual is a woman wearing revealing lingerie for her husband; dressing in a sexual way.
- of, characteristic of, or involving sex, the sexes, the organs of sex and their functions, or the instincts, drives, behavior, etc. associated with sex
- having sex
- designating or of reproduction involving the fertilization of a female gamete by a male gamete
Origin of sexualLate Latin sexualis
- Relating to, involving, or characteristic of sex or sexuality, or the sex organs and their functions: sexual partners; sexual fantasies; sexual dysfunction.
- Relating to the sexes or to gender: sexual politics.
- a. Relating to, involving, or being reproduction characterized by the union of male and female gametes.b. Able to reproduce in this way; fertile.
Origin of sexualLate Latin sexualis, from Latin sexus, sex.
(comparative more sexual, superlative most sexual)
- Of or relating to having sex, sexual acts and sexual reproduction.
- Giving oral sex is my favorite sexual act.
- Of or relating to gender.
- Women face sexual discrimination in the workplace.
- Of or relating to sexuality.
- She's a very sexual woman; a sexual innuendo.
- Of or relating to sexual orientations, sexual identity or preferences with respect to sexual intercourse
- sexual preferences