erotic[ē rät′ik, i-]
- The definition of erotic is tending to arouse sexual feelings or desire.
An example of erotic is the nature of some films given the rating of NC-17.
- of or arousing sexual feelings or desires; having to do with sexual love; amatory
- highly susceptible to sexual stimulation
Origin of eroticClassical Greek erōtikos ; from erōs (gen. erōtos), love
Origin of eroticGreek erōtikos, from erōs, erōt-, sexual love.
(comparative more erotic, superlative most erotic)
- Relating to or tending to arouse sexual desire or excitement.
- I had an erotic dream last night
- There's a local cinema that only shows erotic movies.
- Some people get erotic pleasure from rubbing up against others on public transport.
- Foreplay can get your erotic juices flowing.
- Her new book was a new adaptation of a Shakespeare play, with plenty more erotic parts than the original.
From French érotique, from Ancient Greek ἐρωτικός (erōtikos, “related to love”), from ἔρως (erōs, “sexual love”).