- having to do with sexual love or intercourse
- serving to arouse sexual desire; aphrodisiac
- designating or of a disease or condition, as syphilis or gonorrhea, transmitted only or chiefly by sexual intercourse with an infected individual
Origin of venerealMiddle English venerealle ; from Classical Latin venereus ; from venus, love: see Venus
- a. Transmitted by sexual intercourse.b. Of or relating to a sexually transmitted disease.
- Of or relating to sexual intercourse.
- Of or relating to the genitals.
Origin of venerealMiddle English venerealle, from Latin venereus, from venus, vener-, desire, love; see wen-1 in Indo-European roots.