sextuplet[seks to̵̅o̅′plit, -tup′lit; seks′tə plit]
- any of six offspring born at a single birth
- a collection or group of six, usually of one kind
- Music a group of six equal notes to be played in the same time as four of the same value would be played in the set rhythm
Origin: dim. of sextuple
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One of six offspring born in a single birth.
- A group or combination of six associated by common properties or behavior.
- Music A group of six notes having the time value of four notes of the same kind.
Origin: From sextuple (modeled on triplet).