- consisting of or including six
- six times as much or as many; sixfold
- Music having six beats to a measure
Origin of sextuplefrom Classical Latin sextus, sixth, after quadruple
intransitive verb-·pled, -·pling
tr. & intr.v.sex·tu·pled, sex·tu·pling, sex·tu·ples
- Consisting of six parts or members.
- Six times as much in size, strength, number, or amount.
- Music Having six beats to the measure.
Origin of sextupleMedieval Latin sextuplus sixfold Latin sextus sixth ; see sextile . -plus -fold ; see pel-2 in Indo-European roots.
- a sixfold amount
(third-person singular simple present sextuples, present participle sextupling, simple past and past participle sextupled)
- To make, or to become, six times as much (as many)