A sexually explicit glance is an example of a prurient glance.
- having or expressing lustful ideas or desires
- tending to excite lust; lascivious; lewd
- Rare itching
Origin of prurientClassical Latin pruriens ; from prurire, to itch, long for, be lecherous ; from Indo-European base an unverified form preus-, to burn, freeze from source Classical Latin pruna, live coal
- a. Characterized by an inordinate interest in sex: prurient thoughts.b. Arousing or appealing to an inordinate interest in sex: prurient literature.
- Inordinately interested in matters of sex; lascivious.
Origin of prurientLatin prūriēns, prūrient-, present participle of prūrīre, to yearn for, itch; see preus- in Indo-European roots.
- pru′ri·ence, pru′ri·en·cy
(comparative more prurient, superlative most prurient)
From Latin prÅ«riÄ“ns, present participle of prÅ«riÅ (“itch")
prurient - Legal Definition