A baby with his doting father.
The definition of doting is someone who is overly devoted and adoring.
A grandmother who spoils her grandchild rotten and is always there loving her grandchild is an example of a doting grandmother.
foolishly or excessively fond
- Present participle of dote.
(comparative more doting, superlative most doting)
- tin dog
- tin god
- Simmons' edgy stage persona is stripped away to reveal a doting dad, who brings Gatorade to his daughter's soccer games and proudly stands in the front row to cheer on his son's rock band.
- Be certain the items displayed, however, will not embarrass graduates or make them feel uncomfortable about the doting parents who've saved everything for years.
- Jennie has always been very adamant that she values her role as a doting wife and mother more than the fame that comes with being a Hollywood actress.
- At first Angelina appeared to be taking her pregnancy in stride, with Brad doting over her like a proud father-to-be.
- When she's not on the road, Beyonce enjoys playing the role of doting aunt to nephew Daniel Julez Smith.