- The definition of gaga is extremely enthusiastic about something or crazy.
- An example of gaga is that someone is very excited, they’re “gaga” over something.
- An example of gaga is what you would call someone whose behavior is very unusual.
- mentally confused; crazy
- carried away as by love or enthusiasm
Origin of gagaFrench origin, originally , a fool: of echoic origin, originally
- Silly; crazy.
- Completely absorbed, infatuated, or excited: They were gaga over the rock group's new album.
- Senile; doddering.
Origin of gagaFrench, old fool, gaga, of imitative origin.
(comparative more gaga, superlative most gaga)
- As demonstrated in the example sentences above, gaga is often preceded by the verb go.
(comparative more ga-ga, superlative most ga-ga)
- Alternative spelling of gaga.
- The noise of a baby trying to imitate speech.