⌂ crazy; foolish
Origin of nutssee nut, and amp;
used to express disgust, scorn, disappointment, refusal, etc.: often in the phrase nuts to someone (or something)
be nuts about
- to be greatly in love with
- to be very enthusiastic about
- Crazy or foolish.
- Extremely enthusiastic: I'm nuts about opera.
Used to express contempt, disappointment, or refusal.
Origin of nutsFrom nut.
(comparative more nuts, superlative most nuts)
- The association with testicles (See noun above.) adds an intensifying effect to the anger or rejection.
- Use of "Nuts" rather than another form of "No" is often intentionally insulting.
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of nut