A balmy day at at the beach.
- The definition of balmy is something that is soothing and pleasant feeling, often medicinal.
An example of something that is balmy is aloe vera.
- Balmy is defined as something that is moderate and pleasant.
An example of balmy weather is a beautiful day at the beach.
- having the qualities of balm; soothing, fragrant, etc.
- pleasantly warm and breezy: a balmy day
Origin of balmyvariant, variety of barmyChiefly Brit., Slang crazy or foolish
- Having the quality or fragrance of balm; soothing.
- Mild and pleasant: a balmy breeze.
- Chiefly British Slang Eccentric in behavior.
(comparative balmier, superlative balmiest)
From balm + -y.