- Balmy is defined as something that is moderate and pleasant.
An example of balmy weather is a beautiful day at the beach.
- The definition of balmy is something that is soothing and pleasant feeling, often medicinal.
An example of something that is balmy is aloe vera.
A balmy day at at the beach.Licensed from iStockPhoto
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
adjective balm·i·er, balm·i·est
- Having the quality or fragrance of balm; soothing.
- Mild and pleasant: a balmy breeze.
- Chiefly British Slang Eccentric in behavior.
Origin: Sense 3, alteration of barmy, frothy.
- balmˈi·ly adverb
- balmˈi·ness noun