- like fruit in taste or smell
- suggesting the flavor or aroma of ripe fruit: said of wine
- rich or mellow in tone, esp. excessively so: a fruity voice
- rich in interest; spicy; juicy
- eccentric or crazy
- of or like a male homosexual: term of contempt or derision
- Of, containing, or relating to fruit.
- Tasting or smelling richly of or as if of fruit: “My nose filled with the smells of leather, polish, wax—the fat, fruity smell of rich car” ( Anthony Hyde )
- Excessively sentimental or sweet.
- Slang Crazy; eccentric.
- Offensive Slang Gay or effeminate.