- The definition of conveyance is the act of transmitting or transferring something.
- An example of conveyance is a truck moving goods from one city to another city.
- An example of conveyance is transferring the title on a piece of property from one person to another person.
- the act of conveying
- a means of conveying; carrying device, esp. a vehicle
- the transfer of the ownership of real property from one person to another
- the document by which this is effected; deed
Origin of conveyanceMiddle English conveiaunce
- The act of conveying.
- A means of conveying, especially a vehicle for transportation.
- Law a. Transfer of title to property from one party to another.b. The document by which a property transfer is effected.
(third-person singular simple present conveyances, present participle conveyancing, simple past and past participle conveyanced)
- (law) To transfer (the title) of an object from one person or group of persons to another.
conveyance - Investment & Finance Definition
A document that transfers ownership of real property from one person or entity to another.