- Transportation is a way of getting from place to place.
An example of transportation is a bus or a car.
- a transporting or being transported
- a means or system of conveyance
- the work or business of conveying passengers or goods
- ☆ fare or a ticket for being transported
- banishment for crime, as to a penal colony; deportation
Origin of transportationFrench ; from Classical Latin transportatio
- a. The act or an instance of transporting.b. The state of being transported.
- A means of conveyance: What kind of transportation did you take?
- The business of conveying passengers or goods: He works in transportation.
- Deportation to a penal colony.
- The act of transporting, or the state of being transported; conveyance, often of people, goods etc.
- We have to get people out of their cars and encourage them to use alternative forms of transportation.
- (historical) Deportation to a penal colony.
- Mulligan's sentence was commuted from death to transportation.
- (US) A means of conveyance.
- Nice transportation, dude, but your brake lights are busted.
- (US) A ticket or fare.