- Transportation is a way of getting from place to place.
An example of transportation is a bus or a car.
transportation definition by Webster's New World
- a transporting or being transported
- a means or system of conveyance
- the work or business of conveying passengers or goods
- ☆ fare or a ticket for being transported
- banishment for crime, as to a penal colony; deportation
Origin: French ; from Classical Latin transportatio
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- transportational adjective
transportation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- a. The act or an instance of transporting.b. The state of being transported.
- A means of conveyance.
- The business of conveying passengers or goods.
- A charge for public conveyance; fare.
- Deportation to a penal colony.
transportation - Legal Definition