- (communication) The quality of equipment, devices, systems, and associated hardware that permits their being moved from one location to another to interconnect with locally available complementary equipment, devices, systems, associated hardware, or other complementary facilities.
Variant of transport
- to carry from one place to another, esp. over long distances
- to carry away with emotion; enrapture; entrance
- to carry off to a penal colony, etc.; banish; deport
Origin of transportMiddle English transporten ; from Middle French transporter ; from Classical Latin transportare, to carry across ; from trans-, over, across + portare, to carry: see port
- the act, process, or means of transporting; transportation; conveyance
- strong emotion, esp. of delight or joy; rapture
- a ship, airplane, train, etc. used to transport soldiers, freight, etc.
- a convict sentenced to transportation