- Alienated is defined as someone who feels emotionally isolated or unloved.
A teenager who feels nobody likes him is an example of an alienated person.
- The definition of alienated means you made someone not like you or not want to be around you.
A person who lost friends because of his rude behavior is an example of someone who alienated his friends.
- simple past tense and past participle of alienate
Variant of alienate
transitive verbalienated, alienating
- to transfer the ownership of (property) to another
- to make unfriendly; estrange: his behavior alienated his friends
- to cause to be withdrawn or detached, as from one's society
- to cause a transference of (affection)
Origin of alienate; from Classical Latin alienatus, past participle of alienare ; from alius, other: see else